Sunday, September 27, 2009

Road Trip...

Decided to hit the road and search out some area where I could see and find some trains (I am a very avid fan of railroading, and have been told that I should have worked for the railroads). Loaded up my assistant, (Baile) and went to Pennington, NJ as I found a site that several railfanning affectionados mapped out where there was good photo opportunities. Drove around sort of aimlessly looking for train tracks and found them in Pennington. Turns out it is the CSX line from West Trenton to points in PA (Allentown, Bethlehem, Harrisburg) for freight. Found the old Pennington train station which is on the National Historic Register) and now is a home consisting of several apartments (real cool). Took a few pictures and while waiting down by the tracks, without warning, a freight train came by doing normal rail speed of about 50 ! Scared the crap out of me ! Only could get the back end of the consist and also took a few track shots (can't wait until the trees start turning colors). Very beautiful area and will go back hunting around for more.....

Went across the river and wound up in Yardley...real nice quaint town, very typical of Pennsylvania which I love). Have to go back and walk around and explore....

Thanks for stopping by....have a great day !




No comments:

Post a Comment